Sports physicals aim to examine your overall health and medical history to offer insight into your fitness journey. Although this physical examination can be performed on anyone who desires more information on their health, they are usually carried out on athletes and children/teenagers who desire to take sports lessons.
For athletes, these tests may help identify potential risks or issues hindering their sports performance. No matter your age or skill level, knowing more about the state of your body can help you avoid sports injuries and upgrade your athletic achievements.
Commonly, schools and organizations ask for sports physicals for children who want to join a sports team or a physical activity camp. This is done to screen for any condition needing special attention before starting any athletic activity.
Our team at Carolina Urgent Care offers you a deeper understanding of your physical health to achieve your best athletic performance. If you or a loved one would like a sports physical evaluation, don’t hesitate to contact us, schedule an appointment, or visit us at our Chapel Hill location.
Sports Physicals offer multiple benefits for anyone looking for insight into their physical state and athletic performance:
- Thorough Assessment: Our team at Carolina Urgent Care performs a complete evaluation of your medical history, current health status, muscle and tendon health state, condition screening, and injury risk assessment.
- Tailored Care: We know that no athlete is the same. That’s why we ensure all our processes are completely personalized to achieve your athletic goals.
- Optimized Performance: Identifying any health concern or condition can help start treatment plans as soon as possible to optimize the performance in your field.
- Preventing Injuries: When you undergo a sports physical evaluation, you and your doctor can recognize any possible risk of injury. Doing so can prevent health complications that could interfere with your enjoyment of the sporting activity.
Our medical professionals have extensive expertise in sports-related injuries. You can be sure that any health concerns regarding your athletic journey will be attended to by us.
During your sports physical assessment, your doctor will employ the following steps:
- Review of your medical history: Information on previous injuries, chronic conditions, allergies, and family medical history.
- Physical examination: Your doctor will perform an evaluation of your eyes, nose, throat, heart, lungs, and upper and lower extremities.
- Muscle and bone examination: Any potential issues with your musculoskeletal system will be identified.
- Cardiovascular screening: Your doctor will review your pulse and blood pressure to rule out any irregularities in your heart's health.
- Neurological examination: In order to assess your coordination, reflexes, and balance, your doctor will perform a neurological examination.
Whether you need attention for a sprain or strain or would like to discuss any concerns regarding your athletic performance, our team can guide you.
During a sports physical evaluation, multiple issues may be identified:
- Respiratory conditions like asthma may hinder your athletic performance. Breathing properly is an essential component of physical activity. By detecting these issues promptly, we can help you manage the symptoms and find the ideal treatment plan.
- Cardiovascular issues such as heart murmurs or irregularities in your blood pressure can also significantly impact your athletic performance. Our team will screen your heart and pulse health to identify any potential issues.
- In high-intensity athletes, it is common for muscles or tendons to become overstressed. We can help you identify when appropriate rest and rehabilitation are needed to prevent further damage.
At Carolina Urgent Care, we can work with you to monitor and manage these issues as promptly as possible to prevent injuries. Having proper medical guidance throughout your athletic journey can help you not only with preventative measures but also optimize your performance.
Although sports physicals are often tailored to optimize athletic performance, anyone who is concerned about their physical health can be screened for one. A thorough evaluation of your body's general health can help us detect underlying conditions that may not show symptoms immediately.
Taking care of your health is your responsibility but also our priority. Let us guide you to achieve your fitness goals.