X-rays are an essential aid for diagnosing medical conditions with precision. They can help detect issues like fractures, dislocations, internal infections, and other health concerns that cannot be identified through physical examinations.
At Carolina Urgent Care, our imaging technology helps capture detailed information about our patients to ensure accurate diagnoses.
Our goal is to provide all our patients with an effective and seamless healthcare experience. That’s why we proudly offer X-ray imaging services in the same location as our urgent care services.
When you choose our clinic to cover your medical needs, we will ensure a streamlined process, eliminating the need for extra appointments and travel expenses.
At Carolina Urgent Care, we cover your imaging and medical consulting needs in a single appointment and location. You can schedule an appointment online or simply walk into our Chapel Hill location in North Carolina.
X-rays use electromagnetic radiation to develop images of the body's internal structure. They are mainly used as a diagnostic tool for medical conditions or to visualize foreign objects that may have entered the body.
Some of the most common uses for this imaging tool include visualizing bone issues like fractures and dislocations. They can also help identify abnormalities within the internal organs, like infections, hemorrhages, or tumors. When physical injuries happen, X-rays are essential to identify any internal damage or foreign object that could have lacerated an important organ.
Besides traditional imaging, X-rays are also useful for:
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans: CT scans use advanced technology to combine x-rays with computer processing to develop detailed images of the body, diagnose complex conditions, or guide surgical procedures.
- Mammography: This kind of imaging is used for screening and diagnosing breast cancer.
- Fluoroscopy: This technique creates real-time imaging to observe the movement of internal structures within the body. They are used to guide surgical procedures.
At Carolina Urgent Care, our doctors may ask you to undergo X-ray imaging for one or more of the following reasons:
- Evaluating injuries or specific issues in a certain part of the body: Whether you’ve suffered from a fracture, sprain, or dislocation, X-rays can help our team identify the injury’s extent and determine the best treatment for your case.
- Detecting foreign objects in the body: In case of a foreign object laceration, X-rays will help know its exact location and the damage caused by it to help with precise extraction.
- Diagnosing pain, trauma, or disease: X-rays are crucial in diagnosing various medical conditions, including infections and tumors in multiple organs, or identifying chronic diseases like arthritis.
As we offer onsite X-rays within the same facilities as our medical consultations, you can be sure that your healthcare needs will be covered with accuracy and practicality. Not only will you save on commuting time and costs, you will also enjoy continuity of care.
This process efficiency helps us offer a diagnosis within shorter time frames and ultimately allows our patients to start with a treatment plan as fast as possible to avoid complications.
Besides imaging, our team at Carolina Urgent Care offers a wide range of medical services, including lab testing, urgent care & walk-ins, screenings for multiple conditions, injury treatment, sports physicals, and worker’s compensations.
Integrating all these services at a single location allows you to undergo multiple screenings and tests in one visit, saving you time, cost, and effort.